Sunday, March 30, 2014

One Week To Go

March 29th, 2014

Today may have been my last real practice hike. I did 11 miles (with Harold), basically the northeast quadrant of the city.

We headed down University Ave to St Paul, thence north to Scrantom where we made a short change to the El Camino trail to Ridge Road with a turn to the east to Culver Rd, then south to Atlantic and home. Total time was just a little over 4 hours including a short stop for a lunch.


The most interesting part was how the hike started:

  • my camel back did not provide water
  • I lost a small plug that I need
  • Harold escaped out of the harness.
So I could have thrown in the towel, so to speak. But I realized that many of my days ahead will be about getting started, not so much about finishing. So I buckled down, restored what I could, and then Harold and I pressed on.

That may be what this whole adventure will be about.

No comments:

Post a Comment