Sunday, April 13, 2014

Monasterio to Fuente de Cantos

Well, unfortunately it had to come to an end.  The infection that I picked up three days ago does not seem to be getting better.  It's not worse, but it's not better.  I'm making the arrangements for travel now.  I expect to be back in Rochester Tuesday at 5:00 pm.

I still had a wonderful time and did things that I have never done before.  If I had to do it all over again, I would change little things, but that is all.

I am glad that I got one more day in.  It was 12 miles in 5 hours and I was cranking all the way. The blisters and calluses were manageable; I learned a lot of medical skills in the past couple of days.

I saw some more beautiful sights, and had one more beautiful Spanish sunrise before cruising into town. The hostel is gorgeous, just absolutely beautiful and the dueno is 3rd generation.


Day 7


1 comment:

  1. Wishing you a safe journey home. It's spring here now and there will be flowers and green things pushing up to greet you!

    ReplyDelete